Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rice Challenge

Its Challenge Thursday :D I decided it would be fun to throw some challenges out at you on this day :D we will see how it goes. I decided on RICE for this challenge. Your challenge if you choose to accept it hehe..is to try a new rice dish .. I have a few that I make all the time like perfect microwave rice and spanish rice but I never try anything new with it SOOO that is my goal to do before next thursday. Will you take the challenge and post your rice and recipe on your blog?? I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA ROTFL


Here is a recipe that I use ALL the time..boring but if you havent tried it maybe it could be your challenge recipe?? Hmmm?


Sopa De Arroz (mexican rice)

1 C long grain rice
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 small onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced (I use more hehe)
3 ounces tomato sauce
2 Cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt

1. Saute the rice in the hot oil until golden but not brown.
2. Add the onion, garlic and cook slightly.
3. Add the boiling stock, salt, and tomato sauce. Return to boil then lower the heat, cover, and cook on low heat until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. 22-25 minutes. Watch it close as the end comes near you dont want it to burn. I do end up adding a couple more splashes of water sometimes.

4. Fluff with fork and serve. Serves 4-6 you can also add little bits of cooked carrots or peas to this I well...I dont lol

No comments: