Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sopa de Arroz


Mexican rice yum yum I posted this recipe before but thought Id show it again with a picture. Made this this morn while cleaning the hutch lol



Sopa De Arroz (mexican rice)

1 C long grain rice
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 small onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced (I use more hehe)
3 ounces tomato sauce
2 Cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt

1. Saute the rice in the hot oil until golden but not brown.
2. Add the onion, garlic and cook slightly.
3. Add the boiling stock, salt, and tomato sauce. Return to boil then lower the heat, cover, and cook on low heat until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. 22-25 minutes. Watch it close as the end comes near you dont want it to burn. I do end up adding a couple more splashes of water sometimes.

4. Fluff with fork and serve. Serves 4-6 you can also add little bits of cooked carrots or peas to this I well...I dont lol

1 comment:

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

Oh, that looks yummy, Carm! Keep a plate for me, I'm coming!! ;)